POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Persistent Variables : Re: Persistent Variables Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistent Variables
From: mnewton
Date: 23 Nov 1999 01:01:56
Message: <383A2DCD.648D3DD9@wantree.com.au>
That I'm starting;
Heres what I got so far for usage
1 #persist varnam [= rval]
mark varnam as persistent
[set varnam to rval]
good for dynamic systems animation - some people have been calling for

2 #unpersist varnam [= rval]
mark varnam as non-persistent
[set varnam to rval]

3 persists(varnam)
 returns true if persistent
check a variable

4 #declare varnam = rval
changes varnam if it is not persistent

5 #declarepersist varnam = rval
same as
#declare varnam = rval
#persist varnam
good for those objects/textures that don't change between renders
extension of using #if and the above

6 #declareunpersist varnam = rval
same as
#declare varnam = rval
#unpersist varnam
extension of using #if and the above

UI
a dialog box indicating persistent variables and providing for their
management-
refresh, destroy, etc

Any ideas, critisisms, comments to pab### [at] hotmailcom after 25-26 Nov (can't
access the news server) - thanks

PS once I/others have written the code could it be included in Superpatch??
please :-) :-| :-(
PS Love that isosurface. Can it be over a larger area rather than unit cube?